General Reflections Blog #2

     As our trip grows closer and our time in this class comes to an end, I am sad yet excited at the same time. This class has been incredibly interesting and I have been able to learn so much in such a short amount of time. When I was a child my father would always read a book based in the location of where ever our family would be vacationing. I like to think of this class in similar sense as his ritual, as we really immersed ourselves in the historical literature of Europe. 

    I think this class has been a great advantage, especially for those (like myself) who have not yet had the chance to travel to Europe. This class has educated us on the history of the places we are visiting so when we go there we aren’t just tourists, but rather admires of the country, hoping to learn more. It is almost like studying and reading up for a test before taking it. We are educating ourselves so we don’t walk into this new place without any background.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

London Blog

Dublin Blog